Advantage Plus Checking
"A better way to bank" is more than a slogan...it's a way of life! One that puts money in your pocket just for doing things you already do.
This free, high-interest checking account easily earns up to 2.48% APY* plus ATM fee refunds*—not just in Western New York, but nationwide! Even build your savings automatically by linking your rewards to a free Advantage Savings account.
- Earn 2.48% APY* on balances up to $15,000
- Earn 2.48 to 0.76% APY on balances over $15,000, depending on balance in account*
- Earn 0.10% APY* on entire balance if qualifications aren't met
- Nationwide ATM fee refunds up to $20 a month*
- No minimum balance required to earn rewards
- Never a monthly service fee
- Unlimited checking
- Link to Advantage Savings for even greater benefit
- Free online banking with bill pay and eStatements
- Free mobile banking
- MasterMoney® debit card available
- $50 deposit to open; no minimum thereafter
- FDIC insured (Up to the available limit)
OK. Technically there's no such thing as free money. But qualifying for these huge rewards is so easy, it might as well be. Simply do the following transactions and activities in Advantage Plus Checking each monthly qualification cycle:
- Be enrolled and log into online banking
- Be enrolled and receive e-statement notice
- Have at least one direct deposit or automatic payment (ACH) post and settle
- Have at least 12 signature-based debit card purchases post and settle
That's it. If you're not doing this already, you'll soon find how much time they save you. But if you don't qualify, don't worry. Advantage Plus Checking is still free and still earns our base rate of interest. You can get back to earning the full rewards the very next month.
*APY=Annual Percentage Yield. APYs accurate as of 4/16/2014. Rates may change after account is opened. Minimum to open is $50 for Advantage Plus Checking and $0.01 for Advantage Savings. For Advantage Plus Checking, if qualifications are met each monthly qualification cycle: (1) Domestic ATM fees incurred during qualification cycle will be reimbursed up to $20 and credited to account on the last day of monthly statement cycle; (2) balances up to $15,000 receive APY of 2.48%; and (3) balances over $15,000 earn 0.50% interest rate on the portion of the balance over $15,000, resulting in 2.48% - 0.76% APY depending on the balance. If qualifications are not met on Advantage Plus Checking all balances earn 0.10% APY. Qualifying transactions must post to and settle Advantage Plus Checking account during monthly qualification cycle. Transactions may take one or more banking days from the date transaction was made to post to and settle account. ATM-processed transactions do not count towards qualifying debit card transactions. "Monthly Qualification Cycle" means a period beginning one day prior to the first day of the current statement cycle through one day prior to the close of the current statement cycle. The advertised Advantage Plus Checking APY is based on compounding interest. Interest earned in Advantage Plus Checking is automatically transferred to Advantage Savings each statement cycle and does not compound. Actual interest amount paid may be less than advertised Advantage Plus Checking APY. The Advantage Savings APYs may be less than Advantage Plus Checking APYs. Transfers between accounts do not count as qualifying transactions. Fees may reduce earnings. Limit one account per social security number. Other restrictions may apply.