Advantage Plus Checking
"A better way to bank" is more than a slogan...it's a way of life! One that puts money in your pocket just for doing things you already do.
This free, high-interest checking account easily earns up to 2.79% APY* plus ATM fee refunds**—not just in Western New York, but nationwide! Earn even more interest by linking your rewards to a free Advantage Savings account.
- Earn 2.79% APY* on balances up to $15,000
- Earn 0.75% APY* on amount of balance over $15,000
- Earn 0.10% APY* on entire balance if qualifications aren't met
- Nationwide ATM fee refunds** up to $20 a month
- No minimum balance requirement
- Never a monthly service fee
- Unlimited checking
- Link to Advantage Savings for even greater benefit
- Free online banking with bill pay and eStatements
- Free mobile banking
- Free MasterMoney® debit card
- $50 deposit to open; no minimum thereafter
- FDIC insured (Up to the available limit
OK. Technically there's no such thing as free money. But qualifying for these huge rewards is so easy, it might as well be. Simply do the following each monthly qualification cycle:
- Access your account online at least once per qualification cycle
- Receive and review eStatements
- Have at least one direct deposit or automatic payment (ACH) post and clear per qualification cycle
- Have at least 12 signature-based debit card transactions post and clear per qualification cycle
That's it. If you're not doing this already, you'll soon find how much time they save you. But if you don't qualify, don't worry. Advantage Plus Checking is still free and still earns our base rate of interest. You can get back to earning the full rewards the very next month.
*Annual Percentage Yield (APY) accurate as of 04/18/2013. Minimum to open account is $50. Rate tiers are as follows: 2.79% APY applies to balances of $0.01 - $15,000 and 1.02% APY applies to balances over $15,000 as long as qualifications are met each qualification cycle. 0.10% APY applies to all balances if qualifications are not met. All balances will earn 2.79% APY – 1.02% APY as long as qualifications are met. Limit one account per social security number. Other restrictions may apply.
Rates may change after the account is opened. Fees may reduce earnings. Debit card transactions must be point of sale signature based transactions. ATM withdrawals or other PIN based transactions do not count towards qualifying debit card transactions. All qualification transactions must post and clear to the account during the qualification cycle. Transactions could take anywhere from, but not limited to, 1-5 business days to post and clear to an account from the date the transaction is made. An ACH transaction could either be a deposit or a withdrawal.
**ATM fee refunds up to $20 are provided only if qualifications are met within qualification cycle.
The Annual Percentage Yield (APY) disclosed on the Advantage Plus Checking account assumes that interest earned in Advantage Plus Checking compounds. However, by choosing to have Advantage Plus Savings linked to Advantage Plus Checking, you understand that the interest earned in your Advantage Plus Checking account is automatically transferred into your Advantage Plus Savings account at the end of the statement cycle and therefore does not remain in your Advantage Plus Checking account and does not compound. Additionally, you understand that the interest amount earned in the Advantage Plus Savings account may be less than the interest amount earned in the Advantage Plus Checking account