Two free accounts that earn free money and build your savings for you—now that's a serious advantage! And that's exactly what you get with Advantage Savings, which is linked to your Advantage Plus Checking account.
The high interest and ATM fee refunds* from Advantage Plus Checking are automatically transferred here. This means your nest egg grows on it its own, and continues growing with even more interest.
- Earn 1.00% APY* on balances up to $25,000
- Earn 1.00 to 0.60% APY on balances over $25,000, depending on balance in account*
- Earn 0.10% APY* on entire balance if qualifications aren't met
- Automatic transfers generated from Advantage Plus Checking earnings
- No monthly service fee
- No minimum balance required to earn rewards
- Free online banking
- Free mobile banking
- Free eStatements
- ATM card available
- Free telephone banking
- Free direct deposit services
- 1¢ deposit to open
- FDIC insured (Up to the available limit)
- By qualifying for the rewards on Advantage Plus Checking, you automatically qualify for Advantage Savings too. To recap, simply do the following transactions and activities in Advantage Plus Checking each monthly qualification cycle:
- Be enrolled and log into online banking
- Be enrolled and receive e-statement notice
- Have at least one direct deposit or automatic payment (ACH) post and settle
- Have at least 12 signature-based debit card purchases post and settle
That's it. But if you don't qualify one month, don't worry. Both accounts are still free and earn our base rate of interest. Best of all, you can get back to earning the full rewards the very next month.
*APY=Annual Percentage Yield. APYs accurate as of 04/16/2014. Rates may change after account is opened. Minimum to open is $50 for Advantage Plus Checking and $0.01 for Advantage Savings. For Advantage Plus Checking, if qualifications are met each monthly qualification cycle, domestic ATM fees incurred during qualification cycle will be reimbursed up to $20 and credited to account on the last day of monthly statement cycle. Qualifying transactions must post to and settle Advantage Plus Checking account during monthly qualification cycle. Transactions may take one or more banking days from the date transaction was made to post to and settle account. ATM-processed transactions do not count towards qualifying debit card transactions. "Monthly Qualification Cycle" means a period beginning one day prior to the first day of the current statement cycle through one day prior to the close of the current statement cycle. The advertised Advantage Plus Checking APY is based on compounding interest. Interest earned in Advantage Plus Checking is automatically transferred to Advantage Savings each statement cycle and does not compound. Actual interest amount paid may be less than advertised Advantage Plus Checking APY. The Advantage Savings APYs may be less than Advantage Plus Checking APYs. If qualifications in Advantage Plus Checking are met each monthly qualification cycle: (1) balances up to $25,000 in Advantage Savings receive an APY of 1.00%; and (2) balances over $25,000 in Advantage Savings earn 0.50% interest rate on portion of balance over $25,000, resulting in 1.00% - 0.60% APY depending on the balance. If qualifications are not met on Advantage Plus Checking, all balances in Advantage Savings earn 0.10% APY. Transfers between accounts do not count as qualifying transactions. Fees may reduce earnings.